Thursday, January 15, 2015

January Resolutions Mid-Month Update

I promise some of the things are getting done.

First, though:  Today was good.  I spent almost the entire day with Ian, sort of trying to stock up memories so I won't miss him quite so much when he goes home.  Today was my last opportunity to see him until about the middle of February, so we made the most of it.  Plenty of snuggling and discussing schedules so we can for sure stay well-connected this semester.  I also helped him clean out his car, accompanied him on a few errands, and told him stories while he did some packing.

His response to the deck of cards was more than positive.  He read the title card and understood immediately, but asked if he could wait to read them all until he returned home.  I said that was fine, but asked if I could show him the one card I hadn't assigned randomly.  I don't have a picture of this one, but it says "Out of all the girls you know, you still want me", and it's the queen of hearts.  He said he would make the obvious pun, but I'd already done it for him by making the card in the first place.  He also commented that 52 is a lot of reasons, and he was impressed.

Okay, anyway.  Resolutions.  Although I've only marked off one (and a half), things are actually progressing.  Here, see for yourself.

1. Read Death of a Salesman and The Legend of Sleepy Hollow
I have read The Legend of Sleepy Hollow, and Death of a Salesman is on my nightstand right now.  I have two weeks to read it, and it's not very long, so I feel confident.

2. Make 32 squares for the Year Of Adulting Blanket
I have 14 squares (haven't made today's yet), so we're right on track with these.

3. Knit Kick Off The New Year Socks
I've done the toes and started on the feet, although I'm going to drop the center cable on one of them and reknit it mirrored, because I'm insane like that.  (I'm only five rows in, but still.)

4. Participate in Flash Your Stash 2015
Tada!  A resounding success.

5.  Finish M's birthday gifts
Nope!  I haven't even started this one!  Since the birthday is in two weeks, I should perhaps start.


6. 17 rows on Flow Ripple
Not going so well.  I've done 3, so I only have 14 left to do.  Unfortunately, I have only 16 days to do them in.  Yay?

As I said, things are actually getting done on this list.  It's just not a whole lot of milestones being hit that I can celebrate.  Hopefully at the end of the month I can cross off all these things at once.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave comments: I love hearing from you!