Saturday, February 7, 2015

Missed One, And Friday Victories

And I missed my first blog post of the year yesterday.  Sad face.  I just totally fell asleep before I remembered to post it.

Oh well.  It's not a big deal, obviously, and I will be fine.  I also missed a day of exercise on Wednesday.  February is starting off shaky.

I guess it's time for some Friday Victories, since I again don't have Adulting Blanket pictures off my camera.  Shame on me.  We'll try to be better organized next week.


Victory #1: I turned the sock heels.  I also figured out where in the pattern I have to stop to make the ribbing flow naturally out of the cables, and it's actually shorter than my pattern goal.  So, I'm going to knit to there and then do the ribbing.  It's good to have a goal here.

Victory #2: I figured out how to do February's socks.  It involves duplicate stitch and embroidery thread, which basically means that I just have to knit a pair of vanilla socks that fits me and then stitch in the design.  Yippee!  I might also hold a single strand or two of embroidery thread with my yarn for the heels and toes, depending on how adventurous I feel.

Victory #3: I bought adult shoes!  They're classy and black and have 3-inch heels, which is totally new for me.  I wore them all day Tuesday and part of the day today, and I love them.

Victory #4: I went on an out-of-town trip all by myself and no one had to do any planning or anything but me.  This is a first.  Now, I didn't have to do basically any planning either, but it was a first step.

Victory #5: I acquired a babysitting/mother's helper type position that will pay me a decent chunk of money in the next few weeks or months.  Pro tip -- clients from the East Coast offer to pay more than native Texans.  It's really nice.  And I love the kids already.  The six-year-old blurted "Do you know how to knit?" a few minutes after I got there.  The ten-year-old just learned and is currently knitting a ballerina doll.  The nineteen-month-old was watching a Miyazaki movie she's apparently in love with.  Yes, this is certainly the household for me!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave comments: I love hearing from you!