Tuesday, February 10, 2015

Homework Crunch

Today was a fun day.

I had my first round of babysitting for this family today.  The door was open when I arrived because there were workers installing a fireplace (or rather the stone around one) and only the middle daughter was findable.  She remembered my name and seemed delighted to see me, which was encouraging.  I got her to explain her LEGO house to me, and we repaired all the damage her baby sister had done to it.

Everyone else was upstairs.  The oldest daughter made an appearance first, and she was obviously a little more wary of me.  She's a lot less of an attention-seeker and it's clear that she neither minds nor desires my presence.  I like her.  Eventually the mother came downstairs, when the baby was finally asleep.  She made tea -- in an actual teapot, which was apparently the first thing she unpacked -- and spent the rest of my stay moving between the garage and the house as she unpacked and sorted.  The girls "unpacked" some things as well, which stressed her out more.  Oops.

On the way home I stopped at the local Trader Joe's to pick up shelf-stable Indian food.  I also grabbed a box of couscous, which I used for lunch, and a bag of Inner Peas which will probably be gone by Sunday because they are so delicious.

I had a homework crunch tonight:


  • Math homework was due tomorrow night so I had to have my math-oriented brother help me out with the probability questions I was struggling with.
  • Government homework is due tomorrow morning so I had to fight that out.  MindTap has the unfortunate tendency to either loop a loading screen of death, or throw up a "time out" error which basically means "I don't work anymore for no apparent reason!".  I discovered I had to log out and back in again to fix that.  Plus, each question on each homework assignment or quiz is on a separate little popup window in the application, which has to separately load itself, which is how I ended up spending two hours on a 30-minute assignment.  Gah.
  • Sexuality homework was due tonight at midnight, so that was an adventure.  I'll spend odd hours the rest of the week working on the project due next Monday night, which is no good because I don't really have a whole lot of hours to spare and I have to prepare... research-type materials.  Eech.
  • English homework is excerpts I haven't read and a paper I haven't written.  I'm going to bed.  I'll do it in three hours or so when I wake up and make coffee.
Tomorrow will require a nap to get through.  Goodnight.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave comments: I love hearing from you!