Monday, September 2, 2013

September Resolutions: Balancing Act

Welcome back for another round, folks.  It's time to sit down, take stock, and write up a list of resolutions for September.  If you're a member of Ravelry, swing by the Resolutions Monthly group (where I'm now a moderator!) and let us know what your goals are.  If you're not, you're more than welcome to post them in the comments.  Feel free to check out my past lists for ideas.

This month I'm not dividing by category, but I am limiting myself to one resolution per "thing" whether that be craft or area of life.  Since school has started I have a lot less time, and I need to spread it out pretty thinly.

On to the resolutions!

1) Finish Little Mischief
The body is done.  I'm working on the ends, and thinking about a border while I do it.  This must be finished by the 19th, tags and all.

2) Spin for the September Spindlers challenge
The theme this month is "Storied Color".  I'll be spinning 1.2oz of merino fiber, handdyed by me in a red-purple-blue gradient.  All the information about the fiber, theme, and spinning project is here.

3) Knit 1 pair of toe-up socks
I started this project the other night and then ripped it out because I wasn't happy with my stitch pattern.  Which is fine.  I can start again.

4) Keep up with my homework over break
I'll be missing a full week of classes for religious reasons, but I still need to get all the homework done.  This will be a challenge.

5) Eat lunch at least four days a week
This might seem like a no-brainer, but I have back-to-back-to-back classes on Tuesdays, Wednesdays, and Thursdays, making lunch a bit difficult.  But armed with shelled edamame, protein bars, trail mix, and various other delightful small snacks, I can make it through the afternoon and eat a larger meal when I arrive home, 3-4:00

--

So these are my five goals.  One crochet, one spinning, one knitting, one school, and one health.  I think that's a pretty good list of things and fairly balanced.  Now, let's see what things look like as we get going.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave comments: I love hearing from you!