Friday, September 13, 2013

Little Mischief: The Mischief Is Over!

Anyone remember this little jewel?



That's right, it's Little Mischief!  You might remember my struggles to get the math working, or the fight to cast-on the right size that led to the name.

It's due for its Big Day in just five days, and I'm glad to say that it's finally complete!

I finished the last stitch on Sunday the 8th, and immediately flung the whole thing in the washing machine with just a dab of soap.  Then it went for a tumble in the dryer and came out damp-dry, so I spread it out on the Table Of Terrible Lighting, stretched it gently so the border laid flat, and left it overnight.  But it wasn't until Thursday the 12th that I was able to sit down and trim off all the pesky little ends I'd sewn in earlier, and not until today (the 13th) could I take half-decent pictures.

Ready to see the whole thing?
Tada!
Click to zoom
Just look at all those neat little stripes lined up in their proper rows.  Isn't it glorious?  For such a mischievous blanket, it turned out quite neat and orderly.  Perfect for my cousin, a rough-and-tumble little boy who is constantly learning good manners and obedience from his hardworking parents.

I'm so pleased with how it turned out, and with the border on you can't even tell that I went at least eight rows missing a cluster on the end (really, I should pay more attention to these things!) unless you're looking really hard.

In five days my family will be taking a trip down to New Braunfels for a religious festival, where we'll meet up with the extended family and this blanket will change hands.  The tags are printed, the repair yarn has been wrapped into a tiny skein, and both have been fastened to the corner with a length of embroidery thread.


This little one is ready to go!

The Fun Stuff:

Yarn:  Caron Simply Soft in colors Kelly Green, Autumn Red, Pumpkin, and Ocean
Yardage: ~371.7 yards per color, or 1,486.8 yards total (that's over 1 kilometer!)
Pattern: Granny Stripes by Lucy of Attic24
Start to finish: 57 days
Stitches: 14,048
Finished size: 34" x 38"

The body is 99 rows.  The first and last are rows of sc in green. The main pattern is 1 row green, 3 rows orange, 1 row green, 3 rows red, 1 row green, 3 rows blue, repeated 8 times with 1 more green row added to make it symmetrical.  The border is 4 rounds, one in each color.  The first row is green, with straight dc along the top and bottom edges and 3-dc clusters along the sides (1 cluster per two rows).  The other three rows are simple dc, with [2dc, ch 2, 2dc] in the corners.

And for those of you who read all the way to the end, I have a bit of a treat.  Desktop wallpaper!  I tend to do this for all my projects; taking an artistic shot and cropping it to a proper size because my camera doesn't take pictures with a ratio that will work.  This looks excellent on my desktop, so give it a shot on yours.  Just right-click the image and hit "Save image as..." to save it to your computer.  Enjoy!

Yarny goodness for your computer desktop!
(Do leave me a comment if you download the image!)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave comments: I love hearing from you!