Monday, February 10, 2014

Ravellenic Games Day Four

Really, it's only Day Four?  Wow.  Time is crawling.  I thought it was later than that.

School does not seem to be cramping my speed much, but maybe that's more of a reflection on how much time I actually spend doing homework.  I think the most time-consuming part of school is actually the driving, but that's probably because it feels like wasted time.  (Except I listen to audiobooks, and that makes it not a waste of time.)

Anyway.  You all are here to see the medal count, aren't you?  Then let's get to it!  New medal categories and additions in current categories will be listed in blue to make them easier to recognize.  Oh, and I'm going to start alphabetizing them.  This random order thing is starting to kill me.

Cable Cross-Country (1)
Cross Cowling (1)
Mitten Moguls (1)
Single Skein Speed Skate (2)
Stash Skeleton (1)
WIPs Dancing (2)

Both our new medals today were earned by a wonderfully soft-looking bulky cowl knit by one of my teammates in an astonishing 2.75 hours!  (Seriously, she knit a thing you can actually wear.  In under three hours.  She deserves those prizes.)

On to my progress for the day:


I think I should have put the pencil with the other single in this shot, to demonstrate that I actually have more than that spindleful spun already.  But it's too late now because I'm not getting out the camera and whiteboard and everything again.  So this is what we have.  I spun all of that this afternoon, and I'm very proud of it.

I didn't do as much as I anticipated though, because I was working on this...


Look at that, half a heel turn!  I'm doing a short-row heel, so I've just finished the decrease section and tomorrow I'll work on the increases.  Less than a week in and I'm nearly done with my first sock already!  I might just run out of projects...

My brother's scarf hit 25.8% today, so he's right on target (since four is a bit less than a quarter of seventeen).  He did a lot of one color all day, so he'll be happy to get into more colors tomorrow.

School tomorrow is canceled due to the frozen sprinkling we're supposed to get tomorrow morning maybe.  I am skeptical.  But at least I'll have more knitting time because I can get my homework done in the time I would normally be driving and in class.  See?  There's a silver lining to everything!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave comments: I love hearing from you!