Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Ravellenic Games Day Five

Today has been the weirdest day.

I woke up when my alarm went off at eight, checked my computer to be sure classes were definitely still canceled, and pulled the covers back over my head.  I love my Octuple Rainbow because if I pull it over my head and tuck the rest of the blankets around my neck, it's still warm and reasonably dark but the holes in the granny squares allow me to breathe.  My mother came in at nine-something to let me know that while our street is totally clear, a friend a few miles away had reported that her driveway is completely iced over.  Weirdest weather ever.

I've now watched all but the last five minutes of The Square, which is a fascinating documentary released on Netflix about the ongoing Egyptian protests against the government. (Did you know those were still going on this past summer?  Apparently America lost interest, because I didn't know that.)  I'll try to finish the last five minutes tomorrow, which is frustrating because it's probably two minutes of movie and three of credits.  If that.

And because of the evil school-chomping weather that did not exist, I went to hang out/study with my best friend and Astronomy classmate, talked about grocery shopping and the horrors of kids who won't clean up after themselves with his mother, and listened to more of my frightening audiobook on the way (more on this later).

Medal count stands just as it was yesterday, so I'll simply remind you:


Cable Cross-Country (1)
Cross Cowling (1)
Mitten Moguls (1)
Single Skein Speed Skate (2)
Stash Skeleton (1)
WIPs Dancing (2)

And my projects are still coming along, albeit slowly.


Remember I'm spinning this as a fractal, so the second single goes from yellow to purpley-pink twice.  It's such a slow fade from one end to the other that I almost wonder if I should have gone yellow to purpley-pink back to yellow again, but I'm confident that this method will turn out awesome anyway.


I knit the increases while watching The Square, and the leg rounds while watching Once Upon A Time In Wonderland (which I currently prefer to the original series, just because it's simpler and more engaging at the moment; and yes we're way behind on both so don't say anything).  At this point I'm simply knitting until my ball weighs 25 or perhaps 26 grams, indicating I've hit the halfway mark (and a little for insurance).  At that point I'll switch to my other yarn for the ribbing, and then I'll be finished.

It fits perfectly as far as I can tell.  I took it off the needles onto a lifeline after I finished turning the heel, just to make sure it was correct.  I really didn't want to take it off.  I can't wait to have the pair finished.

Okay, I'll admit it.  I'm a sock knitter.

My brother's scarf is now at 28.5%, and he's a touch behind schedule as far as I can tell.  I'm sure he'll find some time to catch up tomorrow.

Tomorrow night is two hours of fibercraft circle, so I should get a fair bit done on both projects.  Maybe not as much as I could, though, because the abovementioned best friend is coming with the teddy bear kit I made him, and learning to knit.  It's going to be much fun, and hopefully productive as well.  I'll let you know how it goes!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave comments: I love hearing from you!