Monday, January 6, 2014

Please Let Me Squeak By

I can already tell that C25K is going to kill me.

It was 30°F (-1°C) outside today when I went for my first run of what is, sadly, Round Three of Lissa v. C25K (I've lost the other two, of course).  A long-sleeved shirt and a jacket kept my upper body warm, fingerless gloves on top of regular gloves kept my fingers kind of warm-ish, a fleece hat (seriously, fleece?  I need to knit myself a hat) and my hair kept parts of my head warm while my cheeks and earlobes froze, and my knee-high socks and jeans kept my calves warm.  Notice the only part of my body besides my face to not have a double layer?  My thighs went numb less than halfway through.  Please let it not be that cold on Wednesday.

And I already know I'm going to be sore tomorrow.  Why?  Because I'm sore now.  Yay, exercise.

On to the real material here:


Yes, that is a completed crocheted fingerless mitt beside a pair of knitting needles which are presumably holding the other glove.  No, it's not the blatant error it appears to be.

Meet my favorite gloves.  Or rather... glove.  It's made of the remnants of a ball of Premier Yarns Dream in color Tucson Teal.  This yarn is discontinued, something I didn't know when I found it.  Which means that unless I go on a Yarn Hunt, I'm not going to get any more.  So I crocheted these gloves -- er, this glove -- a year or two ago on a trip, and I've been wearing them -- it -- on and off ever since.  See, I love the yarn, but the glove doesn't reach high enough on my palm to satisfy me.  Lovely, but not useful.  I've had mixed feelings.

So yesterday I took a flying leap of one of the Cliffs of Insanity, and frogged half the pair.  That is the lower yarn butterfly, attached to the needles.  (The upper butterfly is some spare I managed to locate.)

I estimate that with what I have, I might or might not be able to make the gloves I envision.  No idea.  It will literally come down to yards.  I have some spare in purple and brown, but I'd really like to keep my teal gloves... teal.

Please, oh goddess of knitting, let me squeak by with this.  Please.  I beg of you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave comments: I love hearing from you!